Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2017 13:00

Video TDR Failure

Description of Device:

Dell 7520(aka 15R SE) Core I7 8GB Ram and a dedicated graphic card 2gb 7730M AMD Radeon along with intel HD4000

Issue:

System crashes and jumps to a Video TDR failure screen every time I boot my device right after the splash screen.

My attempts to repair:

->Fresh windows install(It worked but whenever I install the graphics card driver either of intel or amd same error arises and bootloop occurs.

->Uninstalling the device drivers of both devices from root helps get the device ON but I can't use any graphics application or HDMI.

-> I was previously running custom drivers from leshcatlabs for switchable graphics and then I also tried the generic drivers from dell, but no success.

What I already know:

This failure arises due to a timeout caused by the graphics adapter and is caused by graphics card failure or due to dust.And graphics card is not faulty otherwise there would be no visuals which I am able to get through Safe mode or by uninstalling the graphics drivers.(Correct me if I am wrong).

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

September 28th, 2017 16:00

Have you updated to the latest BIOS (it looks like it might address some AMD issues)? And, what version of Windows is the system running (sorry if I missed). Where are you getting  the drivers from, and lastly, if you're not using an external monitor does it change anything?

If you do update the BIOS, make sure you do it with the video drivers uninstalled, or at least make sure you don't think the system will crash (be careful on this as the system might be out of warranty).

Best regards,

Brad

2 Posts

September 30th, 2017 10:00

I have updated to the latest bios when the update came (My bios version is A11) and I have also tried using DDU which helps alot and now my intel hd4000 is working as it should but whenever I try to install AMD graphics driver, while installing the screen goes black and restarts with no success.

I am using all the drivers from dell and I have also tried AMD drivers along with drivers from intel for graphics.

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

October 2nd, 2017 12:00

Thanks for the updates, Can you private message me your Service Tag? Also, what version of Windows was installed? 

Best regards,

Brad

No Events found!