Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2015 05:00

Vostro 15 3546 - Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered

Hi

I own a Dell Vostro 15 3546 with Windows 7 Professional 32 bit,  I've had it over 7 months and it has been running fine until recently.

I have been getting these error messages.

Display Driver stopped responding and  has recovered.

Display Driver stopped responding and  has recovered..

Again same message and again same message... and blink screen frequently 

I have tried format PC and re-installing the Windows 7 32 bit OS and drivers but nothing has worked.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue that would be great.

Cheers

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 19th, 2015 11:00

Hi ravirami,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1. Click on Start button.
  2. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  3. Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.
  4. Now select properties.
  5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  6. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  7. You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the Intel video card driver first and then Nvidia card driver (If system is configured with discrete video card) on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link above, select the operating system, and then download Video card drivers listed from Video section onto the system and install it.

Please let me know if this helps

4 Posts

May 20th, 2015 01:00

Thank you very much for your reply.

After following all this steps, issue is not resolved.

Still it is showing same result. Please help me in this matter.

Thank you once again.

1 Rookie

• 

2.1K Posts

May 20th, 2015 13:00

hmm...that is a problem...don,t you have the intel 4400 graphics chip? have you went into device manager, un-install are reinstall driver.

might trying install 4400 driver from intel

downloadcenter.intel.com/search

4 Posts

May 21st, 2015 05:00

Thanks for ur reply

Please advice something which resolve my problem.

Without driver my system work smooth.

Main problem is I am a trainer in a company and have to attach projector to my laptop, so have to solve this problem any how.

Please help me dell people.

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 23rd, 2015 11:00

Hi ravirami,

You can download Support Assist from the link below and run the PC CHECKUP on the video card to check for issues

http://dell.to/1hAPOXr

Please let me know if this helps.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 23rd, 2015 21:00

Hi ravirami,

You can download Support Assist from the link below and run the PC CHECKUP on the video card to check for issues

http://dell.to/1hAPOXr

Please let me know if this helps.

4 Posts

May 26th, 2015 02:00

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have gone through your suggestion and found one error.

Error is as below :

Primary Service Test Failed : WVC07-LI8, but during this process my screen is blinking frequently which is the main problem.

Kindly find attached file for your reference.

Thank you.

Ravi Rami 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 28th, 2015 15:00

Hi Ravi,

It seems like the Video card issue you will need to replace processor or the system board on the computer. Depending on the warranty status we can help you further, please use the link below to check the warranty status.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please punch in the system service tag or express service code. In case your system warranty has expired please contact the Out of Warranty department 1-800-288-4410 (U.S Customer only). In case your system is under warranty please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further. 

No Events found!