Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2011 10:00

Vostro 3550 Memory Slots NOT as Sold

Hi,

I just purchased a Vostro 3550 for my business that was supposed to come with a single 2Gb memory DIMM. This was clearly not going to be enough for our business needs so I was planning on putting a 4Gb DIMM in the second slot for a total of 6Gb. However, when I have opend up the memory compartment the Vostro has actually shipped with 2 x 1Gb DIMMS which is both very annoying and NOT what is shown on all the paperwork as being what I purchased; that clearly states 1 x 2Gb DIMM.

Does anyone have any suggestions on teh best way to proceed to get this resolved? I really don't have the time to sit on the phone for an hout to finally speak with someone overseas who will not be able to help anyway.

Thanks,

Graham 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 8th, 2011 10:00

This is a user to user forum. Contact Dell order Support for order errors.

2 Posts

July 8th, 2011 11:00

Thank you for your suggestion Mary, however, that is excatly what I am trying to do - get suggestions 'User to User' from people who might have experienced this type of issue as well. As I say in my OP, contacting anyone at Dell through the standard channels is laborious and very often unfruitful.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 8th, 2011 11:00

No one here can help - you MUST contact Dell.  If you placed a phone order, contact the sales rep.

If not, contact the Customer Service line.  They'll arrange a return of the system and a re-order.

No Events found!