Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

G

7 Posts

September 4th, 2008 13:00

What's the procedure for replacing a notebook?

Hello.

Recently my XPS Gen 2 notebook broke down for the 5th time. When I called the (dutch) tech support, yesterday, they said they where gonna replace it. I was wondering what the procedure for this is.

- Which notebook will I get, since the Gen 2 isn't available anymore?

- He said some other department would call me about it, but how long should I expect this to take?

- Is it possible to change parts and/or warranty on the new system?

I'm just curious how this would work, I'll wait patiently for the call. :)

Hope someone can answer some of my questions, thanks!

114 Posts

September 4th, 2008 13:00

From what I know.. and I could be wrong.. BUt from my experience a few years ago when my tower had to be replaced.. 

- Which notebook will I get, since the Gen 2 isn't available anymore?.. They will send you closest configuration and model you have. Mind you, could be a refurbished system or you could get lucky and get a new one.

- He said some other department would call me about it, but how long should I expect this to take?.. A couple of days.

- Is it possible to change parts and/or warranty on the new system? .. No.. Your original warranty will carry forward to the new system. i.e.. if you have 6 months left on your present warranty than new system will come with 6 month warranty.

Message Edited by Jayca1 on 09-04-2008 10:20 AM

7 Posts

September 4th, 2008 14:00

Thanks for your reply, it made things a bit more clear. :) 

Hope they give me a call soon.

14 Posts

September 5th, 2008 23:00

Seems new policy is to send to factory depot and wait 15-30 days. Check out Junk in a Box

4.6K Posts

September 6th, 2008 14:00

@bigboy4884 wrote:

Check out Junk in a Box

You've said that in every single post of yours on these forums - no matter what the thread subject, so would you care to explain what you mean by it, 'coz I'm beginning to think you're pimping something or other????

7 Posts

September 9th, 2008 09:00

Still haven't heard anything from Dell. It's been a week now. :smileysad:

Is this considered normal, or should I give them a call to make sure it got through?
Message Edited by GoliathBT on 09-09-2008 09:30 PM

114 Posts

September 9th, 2008 19:00

Give them a call and ask for an update.

If I were you I would keep calling every few days.

14 Posts

September 11th, 2008 18:00

My M1530 went out Tuesda came back Thursday soft switches fixed, but keyboard bent ( I am using wireless ) Slot for remote control has bottom metal plate bent up so it is not useable and the SDblank ( filler piece missing ). That is now what Dell call the Dell Experience. Good Luck. Oh They still refuse to replace this box of junk so we now move on to Consumer and Corperate Affairs for the State under the AGO  Office.

No Events found!