Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2017 08:00

Windows does not display on TV after build 1709 update

Hi all, I have a Inspiron 5567, i5-7200U, 8GB ram laptop. Before the update to Windows 10 build 1709, I could connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI without any issues. Since the update, all I get when I connect is an error message on the TV stating Resolution unsupported, change resolution on external device. The laptop will detect that the TV is connected and tells me that two monitors are connected if I go into the graphics driver properties.

I have tried a different HDMI cable, a different HDMI port on the TV, made sure all of the drivers are up to date, changed resolutions, changed display output type (extend, duplicate etc), checked for any device errors, but no luck. I have even got Microsoft involved to see if they could fix it, but no joy there either.

I have noticed that the Intel driver is a little ahead of the Dell/Intel driver version installed on my laptop, but when I go to install that, it fails saying that I need to go back to the manufacturer (Dell). I have even contacted my TV manufacturer, and they had no help either.

I'm 100% convinced that the latest 1709 build broke something, as I can roll back to the previous build and it works again. Unfortunately, I can't check against the latest Intel video driver, because it won't let me, even if I uninstall it first.

Is there anyone else having this issue? is there anything else I can try?

December 1st, 2017 07:00

Roll back previous Intel HD driver, works like charm.

No Events found!