Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

February 19th, 2015 21:00

XPS 13 9343 Poor Battery

Is anyone else experiencing poor battery life on the new xps 13?

I have the QHD 256gb I7 model. The battery time estimate jumps all over the place, just doing simple internet browsing. It's bad to the point where I just ignore the time remaining, it has however, gone down from 99% to 80% in about 45 minutes.

I own a 9333 and L322X, haven't had this issue with any of them.

Furthermore, this may be of interest to some, I found out that the reason they're naming this model "Early 2015" is because they will be releasing a newer "Late 2015" model using the new and improved Skylake Processor. Apparently the Broadwell processor is barely any better (3-4%) than the Haswell on the 322x. Not to mention, ALL of the broadwell processors on the 9343 are dual core, something that I regret to have only just realized.

In any case, my fellow 9343 owners, have any of you had issues with the battery?

6 Posts

August 27th, 2015 08:00

Hi everyone!

I have the XPS 13 9343, i7, 256GB, Touchscreen QHD display, the works...

First big problem: the repeating key issue. After months, it was finally fixed.

Second issue: battery life. Abysmal! Definitely false advertising.

sigh! :-( 

3 Posts

August 27th, 2015 08:00

Chonex,

I contacted Dell customer service and here's what happened with me, I really hope people read this so they know what they're getting themselves into.

1. Spent over two hours on the phone with their CS rep and after checking that all drivers and software was working as intended, they decided to send me a replacement battery.

2. A tech came to my office the next day with a new battery, it took him a long time to replace it and after he was done things were worse, now the laptop would only work when plugged in.

3. Spent another couple of hours with Dell CS and the next day they sent a new tech to install a new motherboard but alas the problem was still not solved.

4. Dell sent me out a new refurbished XPS13 but still no luck - the battery barely lasts 3 hours and the laptop and charger overheat like ***.

5. I didn't send back to Dell the original laptop because they didn't send a return box, so Dell cancelled my warranty.

6. I sent Dell a long email detailing my harrowing experience and I explained to them that the cancelling of my warranty means nothing to me since I didn't get anything from it other than over 16 hours of wasted time and still a broken expensive piece of garbage.

7. Dell has yet to answer or correct the problem

ANYONE LOOKING AT BUYING THIS LAPTOP BEWARE: DO NOT BUY

8 Posts

August 27th, 2015 10:00

This is exactly why I returned my laptop, luckily I was within the 30 day return period. The main problem is not that there is a problem with the laptop, these things happen. The REAL problem is the customer service, it no longer exists with Dell

4 Posts

December 25th, 2015 11:00

I just bought the new Skylake 16GB/1TB touch model and am getting between 3 and 5 hours battery life doing simple low power tasks at 50% screen brightness.  As I bought this machine due to its:

"Stay powered longer: Up to 18 hours of battery life standard. Add an additional 10 hours with the optional Dell Power Companion" - advert on the dell web site as of Dec 25th, 2015

I do feel rather disappointed.  It does seem that I am not the only one.  Is there anything that can be done?  Am I allowed to send the machine back (what a pain and waste of time)?

Having spent small fortune hoping to get a state of the art machine I feel that I have been cheated.

Regards

Thomas Dahl

[Admin note, email address remover per TOU policy]

8 Posts

December 25th, 2015 20:00

I was really hoping they'd fix this with the skylake model. I just received the new xps 15 skylake model, I haven't made any good observations on the battery life yet but will keep this post updated.

7 Posts

February 5th, 2016 04:00

Hi,

I completely understand your frustration as I have the same issue.

I bought the basic model promising 13 + hours on their website and other reviews, but alas, no more than 7 hrs tops average.

I complained,and although the technical support was very considerate and sent me a new battery, but the results were the same.

Having used macbook air, older models(2012-14), they last upto 11 hrs avg.

I think Dell is making false claims on their website and other sites OR maybe its just me?

What to do next?

1 Message

February 17th, 2016 06:00

The battery life advertised is not any where near the actual battery life I'm getting.  I receive at most 4 hours of battery on a full charge and am considering contacting warranty support.

2 Posts

February 17th, 2016 10:00

Dell does not care. when i contacted them about this issue, they said "oh , well send you a new battery to try". after changing for the new battery,  i contacted them again. They said that advertised hours is the computer without any applications on, without any thing running except the screen. so that they are sorta "not lying". after that, i got into an argument with the " manager" who said " WELL SIR SIR, I SELL THOUSANDS OF THESE AND NO ONE HAS COMPLAINTS, BLAH BLAH BLAH". i mentioned this forum and he said somewhere around the lines of " NO NO NO YOU ALL LIE". this is all with heavy indian accents and also hours of bouncing around departments. in the end, couldnt get money back or any other type of support. pretty much . as you can see, dell gives zero . i have tried to sell this laptop back too. no one wants it. so im stuck with it

No Events found!