Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 5th, 2015 14:00

XPS 13 9343 touchpad / trackpad Completely Dead

So I bought the XPS 13 9343 last month. The laptop came with Windows 8.1 and the touchpad worked for a few days the problems started to appear....

After the first few days of use, the touchpad would occasionally go into a "semi working mode" in which sometimes the scrolling gestures do not work, then after restarting the machine the track pad would be back to normal again. A few more days went by, the track pad became completely dead and I must now rely solely on my mouse. This is VERY IRRITATING as I had bought the laptop for its mobility.

I have tried everything from refreshing the systems whilst it was still in Windows 8.1 (the touch pad worked fine for an hour after refreshing) to updating to Windows 10. Nothing could revive the touch pad. I also tried installing different drivers from Synaptics to Cypress. According to Device manager, it seems the Precision trackpad is still running on the built in MS driver no matter what I do.

Even though the trackpad is completely useless right now, when it detects movement the keyboard backlight would come on.

If anyone can help me on this it will make a world of a difference for me! Thanks in advance!

2 Posts

October 12th, 2015 06:00

Called for Dell Next Business Day support on Thursday and the technician came Monday morning with a spare part. It turned out that the connection was due to a loose clipping (during the manufacturing process) of the connection between the trackpad and the motherboard. The technician just clipped it back together and the problem was solved.

The technician said that this was a fault that he had never seen before. A big thumb up for the Dell Next Business Day guarantee but still a bit disappointed with the bad quality check in the manufacturing process.

No Events found!