Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2017 14:00

XPS 13 (9360) Flickering and Buzzing noise ?

Last week, i purchased the XPS 13 9360 with 16 ram, 512 ssd and of course QHD screen.

I was between this particular model and a Macbook Pro with the touchbar, but being a Macbook user for 7-8 years, i wanted to test something new, thats the reason i bought the XPS.

After couple days i figured out that the screen was randomly flicker. I downloaded Dell Command | Update, downloaded everything, upgraded the BIOS, Chipset, etc etc. Nothing fixed the issue. 

That was not all, suddenly i hear some noise, like electric static buzzing noise coming out from behind the keyboard (the area was around the numbers 1 and 7)

I have tried everything, boot  in safe mode and remove drivers, re install, download everything new, nothing got fixed. Is there any solution yet? I hope i wont regret not getting a Macbook :@

5 Posts

July 1st, 2017 08:00

Just an update too, my motherboard version is the A00...

2K Posts

July 2nd, 2017 00:00

Hi REYSTAR22,

I have responded to your private message.

Kindly review the same.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

1 Message

July 28th, 2017 11:00

Hi, I received my xps13 today and right on start up there was a lot of noise. When I plugged in the charger, the fans were creating a lot of noise also and there are periodic buzzing noises from behind the keyboard. Is this normal?

5 Posts

August 2nd, 2017 14:00

Update:

I received a replacement XPS13, the news are really bad as the coil whine noise is still there and it's even worse than the previous one.

This is just frustrating, haven't spent 2000 euro for getting this annoying laptop, i am very disapointed and i will always advice people everywhere against this computer. I will ask if i can get a refund so i can buy a proper macbook pro.

I am so disappointed that i cant even express is via this forum post.

I purchased a laptop, spent 2000 euro and it has that coil whine issue, the Dell Support team was very helpful, they replaced it, i waited a month for the new one to be built, it arrives and it has the same problem in an extensive level. How can this be possible? Where's all our money going to? Don't you test the laptops you sell?

Seriously, i also have a video of the noise that i will upload asap on youtube and also post it here.

No Events found!