Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

February 26th, 2017 02:00

XPS 13 9365 2-IN-1 chiral/circular scroll

Hi,

How do i enable chiral/circular scroll in XPS 13 2-in-1 9365 ?

Couldn't find it in windows mouse options. Also "mouse properties" screen does not have "synaptics" tab either, as I've seen on other laptops.

Thank you

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 26th, 2017 11:00

The touchpad settings are in Settings-Devices-Mouse and Touchpad.

I don 't know exactly what you mean by circular scroll but I can two finger scroll in any direction on most apps.  Some will not work that way but may zoom instead.

April 12th, 2017 06:00

Still no answer, neither Dell Support, nor Microsoft support were able to provide a solution. 9365 touchpad manufacturer is ALPS, but none of their drivers I tried provides circular/chiral scrolling capability in Windows 10. Any help would be much appreciated.

June 22nd, 2017 01:00

6 months later, still no change. I can't believe this issue can't be resolved. Any help guys?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2017 06:00

I had to find a video describing what you are asking since I did not know.  It shows a single finger scroll started buy starting down on the right side of the touchpad and continuing in a clockwise motion to continue the downward scroll.

I would say this touchpad is not designed to work in that manner.  Since you can scroll up or down from any part of the pad, you move in any direction the scroll moves accordingly.

When I want to scroll a long page I increase the speed across the touchpad to go farther or faster.  The touchpad seems to behave just like the touchscreen when scrolling.  So my guess is, in order to maintain the current capability of the pad, what you ask is not a possibility.

June 23rd, 2017 06:00

Hi Saltgrass, thank you for your input.

Yes, circular scrolling is best thing after sliced bread.

I can't figure out why a newer OS (Windows 10) and a newer laptop/touchpad (9365) would not have a feature that universally available previously (windows 7 both ALPS and SYNAPTICS touchpads).

Really really frustrating.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2017 09:00

I am now on my Inspiron 1545 running Win 7.  

The built in Touch pad does as you suggest.  I even see the curly direction arrow.  Am I correct in saying you can only scroll from the specific areas on the right or bottom of the touchpad and the right and left click buttons are physically separate from the touchpad?

I put a Dell wireless touchpad on this same system (Win 7) and it behaves the same as the ones on the newer laptops.  You can scroll from anywhere on the pad and are not limited to just two areas and the right and left click are part of the touchpad.  This one does not allow pushing down to physically click the touchpad.  

There is no chiral movement indicated on the instructions page.  The one, two and three finger movements are illustrated.  This touchpad does not show any four finger movements like the ones on the 9365.

One of the features listed is Edge to Edge swiping, which is not available on the old touchpad.

Because it has been 6 months you have been waiting I wish I had an answer you could live with.  But sadly, all I can suggest is my test shows it is not a Win 10 situation alone and possibly a real physical design function.  It would be nice if Dell would confirm why they cannot make the change you request, but it looks like that might not happen.

No Events found!