Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2017 21:00

XPS 15 9560 having trouble switching to Nvidia gpu

My XPS 15 9560 seems to be having trouble using the Nvidia gpu. I was having similar issues earlier this year until it somehow resolved itself. I used snappy driver (3rd party driver installer, it chooses the newest and/or best drivers for your PC) to get the best drivers possible. The problem returned last night and since the computer works a lot slower. Applications take forever to open, games LAG, FL Studio (music production program) stutters immensely. I have tried everything to fix this. Updated drivers, rolled back drivers, reset the laptop. I don't know what else to do. I would be grateful to anyone who could help.

• 

17K Posts

October 10th, 2017 08:00

sxvxrxn,

You can click the link below for information switching graphics. 

How to make the nVidia graphics processor the default graphics adapter using the NVIDIA Control Panel

Also, if your computer is running sluggish you can install the new support assist program. Choose the option to optimize my system. You will first need to install and register support assist. Below are some Dell Support Assist Videos. Start at the first Video and work down from there. 

Dell SupportAssist for PCs and tablets

Dell YouTube Support Assist Videos

9 Posts

October 10th, 2017 11:00

Hi Jesse! Thank you so much for responding to my problem. I have already tried going to the Nvidia control panel and making the default processor the Nvidia one with no success. Although, I haven't yet tried using the support assist program, I'll try that and see if it works.

9 Posts

October 10th, 2017 12:00

So I tried using the Support Assist program to see if that would solve the problem, but nothing worked. I'm all out of options on my end. Please, I need to fix this :(

• 

17K Posts

October 11th, 2017 07:00

sxvxrxn,

Uninstall and reinstall the video card drivers and reinstall them into the system. Also, update the bios as well. 

Dell xps 9560 Drivers. Downloads and Manuals

9 Posts

October 11th, 2017 12:00

I just tried that and it didn't work.

• 

17K Posts

October 12th, 2017 09:00

SXVXRXN,

Please contact Dell Support for troubleshooting and possible part replacement. You may also need to restore the system to factory defaults. I know that it is not what you want to hear or even do but, it sometimes resolves the issue. The number is 1-800-624-9896.

No Events found!