Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2014 09:00

XPS 15 (L5021X) internet issue when resuming from sleep

I did a restore of my machine after system file corruptions and so on. Now I have this problem where my system will act as though my internet connection is not working after I bring it back from sleep/hibernation. When I bring it back one of two things happens 1. the internet connection will work briefly and then it will give me the "Your not connected to a network" message or 2. it won't connect to the internet from the start. My wifi indicator shows I'm connected and full signal. I know it's not the internet connection itself because all of our smartphones, my tablets, and my dad's work issued Dell Venue tablet work just fine. I have updated the drivers for the Qualcomm Killer Wireless from the support site as well as all of the Intel chipset drivers. I'm running Windows 8.1 with Update 1. When the internet issue comes up I'm forced to restart the system. Right now I'm faced with the choice of either shutting it down all of the time or leaving it running continuously. If I choose the latter I know I'm wearing out my system faster by doing this. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
No Responses!
No Events found!