Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2017 15:00

XPS 15 Swollen Battery - Touchpad Inoperable

Hello,

I have a Dell XPS 15 which is a 9530 that has the same issue as the 9550 with extreme battery swelling and the touchpad no longer works due to this swelling. I'm being told that they will not replace it even though I have a valid warranty and complete care on this system. I guess complete care isn't all that complete if they don't cover the warranty. Maybe Dell would prefer to pay for my entire home and all contents when it burns to the ground because of this faulty battery?

The real question is why would Dell refuse to replace a battery that is obviously part of the same problem as the 9550? Seems a lot cheaper than buying me a new home after the fire. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 20th, 2017 10:00

Thank you for your message.

There is no battery recalls for any of the XPS models at this time. If there is a battery swelling issue and only if the battery is under warranty, this will be replaced.

We will be glad to look into this for you & assist you within our support boundaries.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

No Events found!