Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 24th, 2013 18:00

XPS L502X backlight out

Backlight is out on an XPS L502X. It appears as though these use LED screens. Should the entire LED panel be replaced or is there an inverter or something else that can be replaced?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 24th, 2013 18:00

First verify that you can get an image on an external monitor (which will rule out a fault lid switch).  If you can, then reseat both ends of the cable that runs between the mainboard and display and check it for damage.  If the cable is OK, the next thing to replace is the screen (there is no inverter) -- and if that fails to fix the problem, replace the mainboard.

5 Posts

August 24th, 2013 19:00

Thanks for the information. I have confirmed the backlight by a) connecting it to an external monitor, which was fine; and b) shining a flashlight on the screen itself, where there is image being displayed. I'll look at connections and get a screen if I need to, and follow up if I remember... I always have the best intentions but I'm pretty scatter-brained so no guarantees. I hate to be one of those people that doesn't follow up, but I am, sometimes. :(

5 Posts

August 27th, 2013 15:00

I took the keyboard out and reconnected the connector on the motherboard and all is well! Thanks for the advice -- saved some money. :-)

No Events found!