Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 21st, 2009 20:00

XPS M1530 has common defect with battery charging issues

I am having the exact same problem as others on this site.  Computer is charging to 5% and says" plugged in not charging" It was bought in june 08 so the battery is out of warranty and I  have spent 5 or more hours with Dell. First they tell you it was the mother board and then they say no and reset the bios with updates and now they say it is the battery but then after checking it one tech says the battery is good and another tech says it is bad. This seems to be a common issue.  What can we do about it????????????? Any suggestions would be helpful.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 22nd, 2009 04:00

Assuming the system is under warranty, try a new adapter first, and then if that doesn't fix the problem, a new battery.  If those do nothing, then the mainboard will need repair or replacement.

A certain percentage of all notebooks will fail - about 20-25% of them in the first three years - and there's really no evidence that Dell's systems are any different from other systems out there - you'll find charge problems with ALL notebook models, not just Dell's.

3 Posts

August 24th, 2009 11:00

maybe in 3 years I could understand issues like this but in just 14 months I can not ever believe a 25% failure rate. This is my third laptop in 12 years and all the others

still work but are just outdated and too slow etc.,etc. I did replace the battery in my sony after 2.5 years I have 4 dells in my office but will be going elsewhere after the 

customer service(or should I say lack of it). Call centers in other parts of the world create huge communication issues.

No Events found!