Highlighted
JohnCroft
1 Copper

XPS13 AC adapter not recognized, battery not charging

I have an XPS13 9350 and on start up am informed that the AC power adapter is not recognized and the battery is not charging. I have the latest BIOS installed and conducted a diagnostic test after start. The error code generated is ePSA : Build 4304.07 UEFI ROM.  Although this started one morning after switching the laptop on with no discernible damage to the AC adaptor or leads, I have replaced the AC adaptor but with no change in error message. Placing the cursor over the battery icon shows the battery neither charging nor reducing. Any more suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: XPS13 AC adapter not recognized, battery not charging

Hi JohnCroft,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your computer is not working as expected.

If you have replaced the adapter with an OEM product and not one from an unauthorized 3rd party, it unfortunately would appear that the charging circuit on the motherboard may have failed.  

If you are covered under warranty, please contact Tech Support for further troubleshooting and possible resolution.  You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896  or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

If you no longer have warranty on this system, please contact Dell Out of Warranty Services for a cost estimate to repair.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos