Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2017 18:00

Xps 13 9365 disabling dynamic brightness control -- write failed?

I have new xps 13 9365 2in1 qhd screen. Wanted to disable the auto brightness issue that i read about. Installed new drivers first ( intel hd graphics, bios, etc) then downloaded the firmware to disable dbc. Plugged in the laptop then ran the patch tool exe file. However, it keeps saying write fail. Ive repeated this like 10 times and restarted the laptop many times, same result. Pls help how to run the patch

September 11th, 2017 21:00

Anyone?

EDIT: okay so I tried to look up the firmware again, this time using the service tag to search for the unit. However, "Firmware Update for enabling or disabling Dynamic Brightness Control" is missing if I use my service tag, but if I dont and just use the generic 9365, it is there. Could this be why it keeps saying write fail? So what do i do? 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

September 12th, 2017 07:00

Are you actually seeing a problem?

Do you have the Disable DBC enabled in the advanced power settings for the scheme you use.

I have not seen the problem on my system.  Also, keep in mind what you are reading may have been prior to a Bios update so it may no longer be necessary?

September 13th, 2017 07:00

Yes, I am seeing the problem. I've tried one of the tests i read about in other forums. I also did disable the Adaptive Brightness under advanced settings in the power plan and problem still exists.

I'm out of hope, tried everything. This was bad purchase after all

No Events found!