mikemrossi
2 Iron

RE: Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks

with the precision 7710 I can keep the lid close with three external DVI screens.  In win 10, I set the power options to do nothing with the lid.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
turbochris
1 Nickel

RE: Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks

with the precision 7710 I can keep the lid close with three external DVI screens.  In win 10, I set the power options to do nothing with the lid.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

Are you doing display port linking or are you using each port on the back of the TB15? I'm using all 3 ports on the back (DP, mDP, HDMI) to each screen.   I have my power settings to do nothing.  I don't see the Dell screen at start up with my lid closed.  I'll wait for a bit and open my lid and the start screen is there just waiting.  

Did you make any changes in your BIOS.  We have 7510's, may test on one of those today.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
mikemrossi
2 Iron

I am using all ports.  I have DP to DVI, mDP to DVI, and HDMI to DVI.

Most the time I see the dell logo on two of the three screens on boot (sometimes it does not show) and then the windows login on one screen.

This is with screen closed.  I pull the 7710 out of my bag, plug in power, and then plug in the TB cable and machine turns on automatically (upon plugging in TB cable).

The 7710 has the Intel HD Graphics P530 and the Nvida Quadro M5000M.

Only changes to the bios is booting with AHCI and not RAID (using a Samsung NVMe 950 Pro) and also have the post on auto (not min or thorough).

0 Kudos
Schlermie
1 Copper

I sure am glad I read this forum before purchasing a TB15. I really don't have the time to try to debug this stuff; however, I would like someone to clarify one thing for me. The Dell shopping page lists multiple different docks:

1. Dell Wireless Dock (452-BBUX)
  2. WD15 with 130W adapter
  3. WD15 with 180W adapter
  4. TB15 with 150W adapter
  5. TB15 with 240W adapter

Do all of these devices suffer from the same problem, or is there one that works? I wouldn't suspect the adapters have an affect on the problems described, but just thought I'd ask.

0 Kudos
mikemrossi
2 Iron

For the last couple of days, I have been losing my TB15 Network Connection while the USB mouse and keyboard still work.  It is happening on two different TB15 (same machine).  I assume it is a driver issue.

Machine is a Precision 7710.

0 Kudos
sschaut
1 Nickel

I wanted to check and see if you have received your refund from Dell yet?  I've returned my dock until they get everything sorted since it was unusable after weeks of troubleshooting but haven't received a refund yet (over 30 days ago).  Support is telling me it has been processed but how long should it take to see it back in my bank account (debit card used)?

0 Kudos
xKloc
1 Nickel

I just installed the latest firmware (XPS 15 9950 -> Chipset -> March 24th) and now instead of connecting/disconnecting loop when I plug in the dock, it's no longer recognized at all.

On top of that, the usb-c port doesn't work at all after trying to connect the dock until I reboot. I am using a usb-c to hdmi adapter for my second monitor, and I thought the firmware fried my port because I could no longer get my second screen to be recognized, but it came up after a reboot.

0 Kudos
erwinrichard
1 Nickel

Think I narrowed down the BSOD problems with my TB15 to the Realtek GbE Ethernet driver thanks to other posts here. No BSOD since I uninstalled it (but of course also no Ethernet Connectivity through the Dock :-( ).

Annoying fan noise problem still makes it impossible to use the dock in an office setting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bull3964
1 Nickel

I wanted to check and see if you have received your refund from Dell yet?  I've returned my dock until they get everything sorted since it was unusable after weeks of troubleshooting but haven't received a refund yet (over 30 days ago).  Support is telling me it has been processed but how long should it take to see it back in my bank account (debit card used)?

If it's been over 30 days and they haven't posted a refund to your card yet, it's time to dispute the charges on the card.  The email says up to 30 days.  If on day 31 I don't have my refund yet, there will be one email sent to support with a 24 hour deadline to get it resolved.  If it isn't, then I'm disputing the charge on my card and they'll have to deal with Capital One.

With the utter trainwreck this thing has been, they do not get any wiggle room on getting the refund to me.

0 Kudos
johnptd
3 Silver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think I narrowed down the BSOD problems with my TB15 to the Realtek GbE Ethernet driver thanks to other posts here. No BSOD since I uninstalled it (but of course also no Ethernet Connectivity through the Dock :-( ).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found the same thing with "rtux64w10.sys". I returned my dock due to a number of issues. It is interesting that the latest driver that Realtek has for this chip (RTL8153) is v10.5 but Dell released v10.6. I don't know where they got it.

I also had an issue with the Realtek USB Audio software installed for the dock. I had to uninstall that.

JohnD

0 Kudos