Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2016 13:00

bios password lost/not accessible

i just lost my bios password..it is not that i forgot it...but my lap dont recognize it(may be)

cmos removal - replacement didnt work nor d bios password generator did.. i  just dont wanna go to hardware side anymore....

can dell do anything in ds case lyk a master password for my service tag or smthng lyk dat..

i am out of d warranty period...

thanks in adv

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 2nd, 2016 13:00

This document goes over steps to recover system passwords that may be of some help.  If you can't recover the password at all technical support should be able to. Tech support will ask you to verify that you are the owner of the notebook and if you are authorized to clear the password.  Since the system is out of warranty you may be charged for the phone call. 

TB

4 Posts

June 15th, 2016 20:00

Thank u for the reply..:emotion-1:

i bought the laptop from india and i am ryt now in ksa...i tried the toll free number her..but it shows no response...how can i contact the customer service in india..?is there a toll nmbr or a mail id? Last time they hav been of great help...

June 16th, 2016 00:00

1.To install free dos on usb drive using now rufus or unetbootin.
2to downlod the debug.exe file tool and save the root of usb drive flash.
3.Boot up the computer with your usb drive flash.
4.To restart your computer ctrl+alt+del button you should be encounterdd an error message like to "cmos checksum error" you can be access the cmos setup without entering a passwored.

No Events found!