Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2013 15:00

dell 3360 DigitalPersona fingerprint reader application

Hello,

Where can I download it?

3 Posts

January 16th, 2013 15:00

The sensor driver is installed but there is no application to handle it.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

January 16th, 2013 21:00

Hi jeszi,

If your system came preinstalled with Windows 7 and if you have upgraded to Windows 8, try registering your system in this link below and check if Digital Persona fingerprint reader application is available for download:

smartsource.dell.com/.../Welcome.aspx

Note:Please select your region on the link above before clicking on Continue.Open the website in Internet Explorer (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome will not work), login using your email address and password that you used for registering in Dell website. Follow the on-screen instructions and the website will prompt you for running a plugin, this will analyze your computer system service tag and list the applications which can be installed. Locate the DigitalPersona Fingerprint Software in the list, select the software and click download. Once the download finishes click install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Also refer to this post for help with DigitalPersona fingerprint reader application : en.community.dell.com/.../19473435.aspx

Hope this helps,

Thank You

3 Posts

January 16th, 2013 23:00

This dell 3360 was provided with Ubuntu Linux.

I bought a Windows 8 and after a fresh install I try to install the fingerprint software.

As I read your wiki I tried to register my computer with explorer 32 bit but the my service tag is not supported.

So I need a full version of fingerprint but where can I find it?

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

January 17th, 2013 20:00

Hi jeszi,

Only systems which go out with Windows preinstalled can be registered in My Dell Downloads.

As suggested by other users in the wiki try this application and see if you're able to use the finger print reader :

store.authentec.com/.../ufma.aspx

1 Message

March 10th, 2015 12:00

I have the same problem vith mi Vostro V131!

No Events found!