Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2015 17:00

dell 3721 webcam problem

I have a dell inspiron 3721, webcam was working fine, and one day this message came on telling me there no webcam, I check device manager and all I see if my printer, I call Dell and they are no help at all, unless I give them $$$$.. I download win 10 hoping it would add the drivers or software that I need to get this going and no it didn't work, add web central and nothing... can anyone please help me in finding the right drivers or whatever I need.

thank you

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 3rd, 2015 22:00

Hi,

Camera on Dell Inspiron systems has native drivers from Windows operating system. I’d suggest that you update BIOS and chipset driver on your computer to check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and chipset from chipset section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, I would suggest you to run the test on Webcam on the system.

1.       Open the link http://dell.to/14YjKb2

2.       Select ‘Hardware’ under ‘Advanced’ tab.

3.       Select ‘Camera’ and ‘Microphone’.

4.       Click on ‘Run Diagnostics’ button.

5.       Let me know if the results.

Please let me know the findings.

6 Posts

September 3rd, 2015 23:00

I clicked on the link you give me took me to a site and I ran a scan on it, I download some type of dell launcher

and after the scan, tells me its out of warranty and to call Dell and again they want $$$$$ to add a warranty before they they me anything else..

always had help with a problem with the many used computers, buy a new one and get no help

I plug a cheap webcam in today and that works, but I want the one in laptop to work

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 7th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

Please use the link below to update the BIOS on your system.

http://dell.to/1PXqHNN

Also, I would suggest you to run a thorough test on the camera. You can download SupportAssist from the link below and run the Camera test to check for issues

http://dell.to/1hAPOXr

Please let me know the findings.

6 Posts

September 7th, 2015 16:00

I ran that test on everything that's on my computer. but there no cam to be found, I even deleted skype to see if my cam would show up, its just showing up on any of my files or device manager...

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 9th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

It seems like the webcam is faulty you will need to replace it.

6 Posts

September 9th, 2015 14:00

if the webcam is faulty, why did the software disappear from the computers..

its not no where to be found.. 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 13th, 2015 20:00

Hi,

Camera on Dell systems have native drivers from Windows operating system. Which applications do you see are missing?

6 Posts

September 14th, 2015 01:00

am not sure on that question your asking, I was running window 8.1 cam was running fine, and one dad I try to cam video with my grand daughter and this pop up, telling me there no cam. I checked device manager and there nothing there, I add a cheap cam on usb and I find a file for cheap cam.. I update to window 10 thinking this might bring back what ever I lost but the same problems happens there, it said no camera found, as for drivers I can't find any cam drivers on computer.. hope you can help

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 15th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

Webcam on Dell systems have native drivers from Windows operating system. The applications related to camera will not function if the camera is faulty. As you have updated the BIOS on the system it would have hard reset the camera on the computer. But if the camera is not working then it’s malfunctioned.

1 Message

September 19th, 2015 06:00

I have had the same problem since purchasing my Dell Inspiron 15R. Each time there is a major automatic software update, it affects the webcam and touch screen capability. Following an update, I lose the webcam function, getting the same error message as the other person. There is no folder for Imaging Devices in Device Manager. Then, a few weeks later when there is another update, functionality of the webcam and touch screen reappear. Until the next update.

This is very frustrating, particularly when I want to use Skype. I sympathize with the other person about missing the warranty for Support Assist to get this resolved as it took me a long time to realize what was happening and I missed the window too.

6 Posts

September 19th, 2015 11:00

I agree this is very frustrating, I remember a time when Dell would still help you after the warranty was over on many of my older computers, but I guess those times are over with. but still not giving up hope that someone out here will help me get it going...

No Events found!