Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2011 00:00

dell inspiron 1525 audio driver

i was having trouble with the webcam audio settings, so i searched on here for solutions, and found a post with the exact same problem i had, which was that the audio effects in the console was only staying at 'deep voice' and would re-check itself if un-checked.

the answer to this post was to uninstall the audio driver, restart the computer, and reinstall the audio driver. i did all of these things, and now there isn't any audio on my computer at all. the computer says there is and that it is working, but it does not record any sound and even the speakers don't work. what happened and how can i fix this?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 2nd, 2011 05:00

what happened and how can i fix this?

Hard to know exactly what happened. I would try to undo it either by rolling back the driver or using System Restore.

> The instructions for rollback vary somewhat depending on the operating system.

In XP

Open Audio Properties (right click on the volume icon on the taskbar and click 'adjust audio properties', or go through the Control Panel/Sounds & Audio Devices Properties).
Select the 'Hardware' tab and then highlight 'Sigmatel C Major Audio'.
Click on 'Properties'.
Click on the 'Driver' tab and then 'Rollback Driver'.

In  Vista or 7

1. Open Device Manger and locate the device for which you want to roll back the driver.
2. Right click on the device's name or icon and click on Properties.
3. In the Properties window for the device, click the Driver tab.
4. On the Driver tab, click the Roll Back Driver button. (If it is disabled then there is not a previous driver to roll back to.) When the laptop is re-started, the old driver will be installed.

> The instructions for System Restore also depend on the operating system.

In XP, go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
and tick 'Restore my computer to an earlier time'.  Choose a date before you un-installed the driver.

In Vista and 7, type "System Restore" into the Start menu search box, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.

If either of these gets your audio back then we can look at the sound effects problem in the webcam. Off the top of my head I can't think of a connection between that problem and the Sigmatel driver.

and even the speakers don't work

How about headphones?

No Events found!