Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 27th, 2016 14:00

dell inspiron 1545 video drivers

My dell laptop has Windows 10 64 bit installed, and I have been having problems installing the latest video driver. It tells me that my computer is not compatible. I need to get the video driver installed to get OpenGL hardware acceleration working again.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 10th, 2017 04:00

Here's what Intel states:

"Intel® 4 Series Express Chipsets support OpenGL version 2.0 and some extensions from OpenGL 2.1 (Pixel Buffer Objects) and OpenGL 3.0 (Frame Buffer Objects, floating point textures and half float pixels)."

If you need full OpenGL 3.0 support, you need a newer system.

1.8K Posts

January 29th, 2016 08:00

Hello,

Unfortunately, the Inspiron 1545 is not one of the systems we tested to be compatible with Windows 10.  We won't be releasing any drivers directly for that model and Windows 10.   From the search I did it doesn't look like Intel has driver support for the 4500 GMA graphics card, for Windows 10.

Some of the Inspiron 1545 systems came with discrete ATI Radeon video cards in addition to the onboard graphics.  Do you know if yours has the ATI card?  I don't know that AMD has driver support for that card for Windows 10, either.

Have you tried deleting any video drivers you have in the system, rebooting, and seeing whether Windows is able to install a native driver that may work for you?   If you would like more help troubleshooting these questions please right click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of that Inspiron 1545.  Please keep all discussions and troubleshooting here in this public thread so that others with the same questions can see what we discover.

Todd

January 30th, 2016 08:00

I was able to fix my issue by selecting windows 7 64 bit as a option for drivers and installing the latest video driver that was available.

1 Message

March 10th, 2017 03:00

Todd, I couldn't see how to send you a PM via your profile page, so I'm replying here.

I have another version of this problem.  I want to upgrade my version of the some graphics software (SketchUp), but when I do I'm told that my Mobile Intel 4 Series Chipset Family has version 2.1 of OpenGL, but I need 3.0 or more recent to run the upgrade.  Can my 1545 handle the newer OpenGl (Version 4.? now available), pls?  I don't want to try and update OpenGL, only to have my computer not work afterwards!

Thanks.

No Events found!