Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 9th, 2012 21:00

dell n7110 bricked

my dell n7110 when start up show 'boot0: error' i restart again try all f2 f12 it shows a blank black screen press f8 and it just show 'boot0: error'

any suggestion? it still have warranty i called dell support after more than an hour on the phone they said they will send a flash drive to me to restore it to factory setting but i wonder if it help because i can't even open bios or advance boot option

please help me thanks everybody in advance

6 Posts

June 13th, 2012 10:00

with a phone call i got the new hard drive sent

dell support is good

6 Posts

June 9th, 2012 21:00

And I press power button and hold fn key the test said there is nothing wrong with this system so far

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 11th, 2012 11:00

I am sorry to read that you are having the problem.  If you where able to run diagnostics and received no error then you may not have anything wrong with the actual hardware and the flash drive should get you back up and running.

If you are concerned about not being able to load the BIOS try this, start the system tapping F12, on the boot menu choose "enter setup".  This is another way to get into the BIOS other than by tapping F2.

Please let me know if you are able to get into the BIOS via the F12 boot menu and if there was any problems with the flash drive.

TB

6 Posts

June 12th, 2012 08:00

thank you for respond.

when i tap f12 at start up, it doesn't show up any options, just a black blank screen

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 12th, 2012 16:00

If you would like for me to take a look at this please shoot me a private message with your name, and the service tag of the notebook.  

TB

6 Posts

June 12th, 2012 19:00

thank you so much i just sent that infomation

6 Posts

June 12th, 2012 20:00

i found the problem, i dissemble the laptop put my old 160 samsung hdd in and i can open bios and boot through cd normally

with the old hitachi 750gb i cannot open anything but the dell diagnostic test, but the test said that hdd is good

the reason for all of these is the hdd which is pretty weird

i don't know if dell will do the warranty for the hitachi hdd or not because i opened the laptop

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 13th, 2012 11:00

I am happy to read that, please let me know how it goes.

TB

88 Posts

August 11th, 2012 07:00

Sometimes even if the diagnostic says the drive is good it really isn't.  Glad you found it.

No Events found!