Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

February 10th, 2009 10:00

dell studio 1737 has no power

hi and thanks for looking

iv owned my studio for one month and its being brill,but after switching off this morning and powering back on a couple of hours later its died

apart from the flashing LED speaker on,speaker off and speaker mute which flash simultaneously . i contacted tech support and performed the usual static build up palaver ( no joy). so dell are arranging for an engineer to call to arrange respire etc.has anyone had similar probs with their studio or other? is their a simple solution i could perform at home?

looking forward to your suggestions and chat all the best Chris 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2009 13:00

jinksy123,

I have had mine for about 2 weeks now and even though I had to re-install the Operating System off the Dell Image, I think the first one wasn't installed correctly, I have NOT had any issues with mine. I have sucessfully installed everything and have it secured.

My only issue is that I use Mozilla Firefox. I use the IE Tab add-on here, so I have less trouble posting. My issue is that if I use the spell checker, it crashes Mozilla Firefox and they get an error report sent to them, so if I spell wrong, forgive me. :emotion-5: There is a thread issue about the speakers but after I re-installed from the image, I haven't had any problems.

Rick

September 11th, 2009 14:00

The first one that arrived upon order was DOA (dead on arrival) - other than the blue LED from the power supply working - nothing turned on. So I went through a 2 hour hold/help process and they FINALLY ordered me a new one - now I have keyboard functionality issues! I'm not impressed:emotion-39:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 11th, 2009 16:00

dee_haskins,

Maybe you'd like to try re-installing the system from the factory image.

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

Rick

1 Message

April 11th, 2011 11:00

Hey i have a problem also i was wonderin if you can help

I have a studio 1737 and its been almost 2 years. my comp wont read any chargers and now says the charger and the battery can not be identified or somethin. do you know what has happened. if you could email me that would be great < ADMIN NOTE : Email id removed per privacy policy >

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 11th, 2011 11:00

It is better to post a new question than to reply to an old one. Remove your email by editing your post since that is not allowed on this user to user public forum. You might find the answer to your question in the Sticky Post at the top of this forum.

7 Posts

May 31st, 2011 14:00

Did you ever solve this as its just happened to my Dad's Studio 15

No Events found!