Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2013 09:00

driver installation failed could not find media device for this driver windows 7 (32 bit)

Hi , i have been using Dell Vostro 1014, laptop past 3 years. i have come across with audio drivers issue.

Recently  formatted laptop and installed windows 7 utlimate 32 bit and try to play audio , there is no sound in speakers but head phones are working and getting sound during booting time.

when play video in windows media player/real /vnc players , speakers are not working. i searched in dell site, they said that just download and install respective sound drivers from dell site. so ihave downloaded but while installeing throwing error message like :"driver installation failed could not find media device for this driver ".

Conexant Audio CX20583-10Z, v.4.95.25.51, A00

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/ServiceTag/bx8srq1?retrieveState=True

can you help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Rambabu.M 

• 

3.3K Posts

May 4th, 2013 11:00

Hi Rambabu,

I recommend you to go to Device manager and check if there is yellow exclamation mark next to audio. If yes, right click and go to properties and click Update driver. When in asks to browse, locate the file stored on the desktop and install.

Note: Use the same file (audio driver) you mentioned in the post and save it on the desktop before performing the above step.

Revert for further queries.

1 Message

June 24th, 2013 18:00

Hi,

I have the same problem and I reinstall audio driver but problem was not solved

Thanks

Tareq

1.3K Posts

June 25th, 2013 11:00

Hi Tareq,

Run the PSA diagnostics and let me know if you hear the beep sounds from the laptop internal speakers while you run the test. Follow the steps below to run the test.

Turn the computer off >restart the computer.

At the Dell logo screen, start tapping the F12 key a few times until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, and then press Enter to begin the PSA diagnostics. If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed. You can also refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/OUGnqT

You could also press FN+Power button together to start the diagnostics.

No Events found!