Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 7th, 2013 13:00

i am not able to boot up my laptop its dell studio 1555.....i get 6 beeps again and again when i press power button...and nothing else

please help

807 Posts

July 7th, 2013 15:00

6 beeps indicates a Graphics card failure. You will need to replace the motherboard. If the system is out of warranty (which I'm guessing it is) then any repair costs will be your responsibility. You can contact Dell and inquire if they have  any motherboards in stock or attempt to locate a third party supplier in your area.

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

July 7th, 2013 19:00

Hi vikram333,

I agree with what Paul has mentioned in the previous post. The Dell studio 1555 can emit a series of beeps during start-up if the display cannot show errors or problems. These series of beeps, called beep codes, identify various problems.

The 6 Beeps on system at start-up indicates a Video Card Failure hence you may need to get the Video Card replaced.

You may use the below link to check the warranty status:

http://dell.to/12l75Zz

If the computer is in warranty do send me the system service tag via private message. I will check and see what best can be done.

If the computer is out of warranty you may contact the out of warranty repairs on 18002884410 (U.S only).

To send a private message, click on my user name and select start conversation.

No Events found!