Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2013 09:00

inspiron 1545 and diablo 3?

I have a Inspiron 1545 and would like to play diablo 3 on it. Right now it will not let me it says that my video card or my service pack does not work or something like that.... it has all original factory parts on it windows 7....what video card and memory devices would be recommended to be able to play this game on my computer efficiently?Any advice would be great!

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

April 9th, 2013 09:00

Hi xx4truexx,

I suggest you to check the minimum system requirements for playing Diablo 3 from the following link:
http://bit.ly/PdhMh7

You will not be able to upgrade the video card of the laptop. You can check if the game starts to play after updating the video drivers to the latest version from the following link by punching in the Service Tag:
http://dell.to/QjjZDA

You will need to purchase a compatible laptop, if the current laptop’s configurations fails to meet the minimum requirements.

Please let me know if you need further information.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 9th, 2013 10:00

Neither of the video options for the 1545 will play D3 at anything resembling acceptable performance - you need  a higher-end notebook.

10 Posts

it wont let me download dell detect it says i need version 4.0?

10 Posts

ejn63 what would you suggest that is affordable laptop wise?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 9th, 2013 11:00

For a gaming system truly capable of running D3 well, figure on at least $1,500-2,000.  If your budget won't stretch that far, you can buy a very capable desktop system for well under $1,000 that will run D3 perfectly well.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 3rd, 2013 11:00

You  have GMA4500 Video so you will have to do some tricks to get it working.

I know  Core 2 Duo with GMA4500 is not a gamer platform.

And I was Greeted with the No Go prompt.

There is a way around this.

I did this on a Latitude E6400 with GMA 4500 and core2 Duo.  I added 8 gigs of ram and an SSD to max out the performance.:emotion-4:

64 Bit windows 7 was used as well as the latest June 2010 Directx patch and the Latest Drivers from INTEL for the Video, and Intel Rapid Storage.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

http://downloadcenter.intel.com

Run Intel® driver update utility

Despite a rather limited list of unsupported Diablo3 video cards released before the Diablo 3 release date, the Battle.net site has been updated with a very large list of unsupported video cards. This includes cards such as GeForce MX 4000, NVIDIA GeForce 7000M, NVIDIA GeForce 7150M, Quadro FX 1000, ATI FireGL V3300, ATI FireStream 2U, Radeon 7000, Radeon X800 VE, GMA 4500, VIA Chrome9 HC IGP and many more. If you need a complete list of unsupported Diablo 3 video cards check here.

Of course, the way you probably found your way here was because you already received a message telling you your video card is below minimum requirements.

So now that we know what the Diablo 3 system requirements for PC are where the video card is concerned, you may want to know how to get Diablo 3 to work even with an unsupported “Diablo 3” video card. This is primarily a fix for the many INTEL video cards, but it will work with some of the other unsupported Diablo 3 system requirements as well.

Step 1: Start the game and wait for the pop-up telling you your computer doesn’t meet the Diablo 3 system requirements. Press “Esc” and the screen will go to grey with another note telling you to update your graphics card drivers.

The ME is the user name you login to windows with.

Step 2: Go to “"C:\Users\ME\Documents\Diablo III\D3Prefs.txt"”.

Step 3: Find “d3prefs.txt” and open it.

Step 4: Inside of the text document, locate “DisableTrilinearFiltering”. Change the 0 to 1.

Step 5: Locate “HardwareClass” and change the 0 to 1.

Step 6: Exit and save.

If you use the launcher note that the Game will Say unsupported.  Hit ESC and go to the game.

OR

Make a shortcut to the game with  - launch added at the end.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" –launch

Also note that update patches reset this so I would make a shortcut to the prefs file so you can

Change it back when necessary.

10 Posts

July 4th, 2013 09:00

I will have to give it a try, thanks!

10 Posts

July 5th, 2013 11:00

it worked! thanks :)

No Events found!