Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 18th, 2013 14:00

inspiron 15r se crackling noise from my speakers

i have inspiron 15R se but  i notice now a crackling noise or hissing noise from right speakers while playing vids or music

I don't know what i have to do?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 18th, 2013 15:00

If the noise is only coming through one of the speakers and it is not there when you listen through headphones, then the speaker probably needs to be replaced. If you are still under warranty you can contact Tech Support, but before you do remove all media players except Windows Media Player, or else you will be denied warranty service.

If no longer under warranty you can do it yourself or have someone do it.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

October 18th, 2013 15:00

Hi abdo9119,

May I know what player are you using to play the Audio and Video files?

As Jimco correctly said, check with an external headphone to isolate the issue.

If the computer has active warranty I shall go ahead and arrange for a service to replace the part.

To check warranty status, click here.

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer. To private message click Here, then click "Send a Private Message".

Awaiting your response!

15 Posts

October 19th, 2013 02:00

I only use media player or media player classic for vids and winamp for mp3

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

October 22nd, 2013 19:00

Hi abdo9119,

Did you follow the troubleshooting steps?

Please follow the above steps in the post to isolate the issue.

Awaiting your response!

1 Message

March 6th, 2014 13:00

Hello,

I am facing issue with laptop speakers are producing crackling sound and also if i connect my headphones to my laptop I am still getting that sound....

what is the problem? and what should I do?

awaiting your response!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 6th, 2014 13:00

Hello. Is this something that just started happening or has it been going on for a long time? If it just started, try using Windows System Restore (type system restore in the Windows search box) and use a date from before you started hearing the noise.

You can also check out our Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ that has all of the solutions that have worked for other Dell owners.

If you need to reply, please give the full model name of your laptop and your operating system.

No Events found!