Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

S

3 Posts

September 29th, 2003 00:00

inspiron 5100 monitor wont turn back on after sleep

Hi

I have a inspiron 5100, and sometimes when i close the lid and it goes to "sleep" when  I come back and shake the mouse to hit a key to wake it up the video doesnt come back on.  Sometimes I can type in my screen saver password and the computer will be processing, and itll log me back into windows, but it wont give me video, I have to either shut down by knowledge of hitting the power button then enter, or presss and hold power button for 10 seconds for a hard reboot.  Itll reboot fine and the video comes back like it never went away, anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

thanks

6 Posts

December 15th, 2003 02:00

I also have the same problem. Sometimes the monitor will turn on but most of the time it will remain black. Also my monitor will not turn on when boot for the first time, but can hear the sounds that it is booting up. I have to resort to HARD RESTART ( which is not good ) . Please anyone help us!!!

62 Posts

December 15th, 2003 03:00

I get that sometimes, so I hit FN+F7 seemed to work. Not sure what the symbol or word on the F7 key is (lappy isnt around) but it works =D

Might be somthing like that on yours

62 Posts

December 15th, 2003 04:00

k, I was mistaken, wasnt FN+F7, it was either, FN+F8, or FN+F10.

F8 has "CRT/LCD" on it, and F10 has some line with smeicircles coming from the bottom if it.

It hasnt happend in a while, so I dont remember exactly which one did it.

2 Posts

October 12th, 2011 14:00

Yes.  I have the same problem too.  I will try your suggestion above and report back.  I have a new Inspiron N5110 laptop.

No Events found!