Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 18th, 2016 15:00

inspiron 7559 4K display (16GB ram, 960m GPU ) help needed. white balance/ tone is constantly changing?

I just picked up a new laptop, (inspiron 7559 4K display,16GB ram, 960m GPU ) and I'm having trouble with the display. Its always switching/flickering between the white balance/tone between a true white and a cooler blueish white.

It seems to be connected to what colors or lack of, are on the screen. When its just text its nice and white. when there is an image or colored text, the screen switches to the cool blueish white.

also happened when you mouse over an image or colored area ( not items that are links or have special functions)

any ideas before I send this thing back? I'm definitely not satisfied with the new machine.

thanks,

Graham

1 Message

June 14th, 2016 11:00

Hi, 

I experienced exactly the same issue with this laptop (7559 4k, 16gb, 960m).

I managed to consistently get this colour shift issue (change from white to a different shade of off white-blue) when highlighting text on a webpage. 

Its fairly irritating as the whole screen is affected (not just the app you are using) and there is a brief flicker when the colour change occurs. 

HP support were actually quite helpful, ran lots of tests, updating all drivers (BIOS, Graphics cards etc etc!) but unfortunately nothing actually resolved the issue and I returned the laptop. 

Others seem to be experiencing this as per the below youtube video, which also demonstrates the issue quite well.

www.youtube.com/watch

Its a real shame that such a potentially great laptop would have a fundamental fault like this. If they could fix this issue I would consider buying it again. 

Let us know if you manage to get this fixed!

Thanks.

2 Posts

May 11th, 2016 10:00

anything?

I've had the laptop sent back for repair and its just been returned with the same problem.

No Events found!