Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

P

9 Posts

November 14th, 2007 16:00

m1710 video driver

Hello all...trying to trouble shoot an unusal problem.

On a seemingly random basis, my XPS m1710 video will starting scrolling up and down at a very high speed. For example, viewing any type of list (eg. My Documents, Outlook etc) is virtually impossible because it is almost as if somebody has grabbed the mouse and is dragging up and down at a very high rate.

On the advice of Dell Tech Support, i flattened and re-installed XP Pro and all other apps. Drivers were taken from Dell tech support site. Anti virus softwhere is up to date (computer resides behind an enormous corporate firewall...no viruses around here). Replaced Video card (nVidia 7950 GTX), keyboard and touch pad.

I am thinking a driver conflict somewhere along the way. Has anybody here experienced this problem? Any advice/ideas?

Thanks!

Message Edited by pb23r on 11-15-2007 08:17 AM

940 Posts

November 15th, 2007 02:00

Are you using the touch pad or a mouse? If you are using a mouse have you tried a different one yet to see if the mouse is causing the problem?

9 Posts

November 15th, 2007 12:00

Problem occurs with the touch pad and mouse (eg. battery power or external AC). It seems almost indiscriminate.

After reading a *ton* of threads, it looks to me like there is a known problem with video drivers for XP with this computer. Can you or anybody else confirm this?

Kinda hard to be productive when my computer freaks out on a random basis!
No Events found!