Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 21st, 2016 14:00

no sound from head set

I get sound from headphone jack for 5 seconds then nothing. Sound comes back on laptop speakers by unpluging jack ; repeat. Also, keyboard froze! only on screen keyboard werx. SLOW!

4 Posts

December 22nd, 2016 15:00

Jimco,

I took out the hybrid SSHD i recently installed and replaced the SATA. Everything werx just fine now. Dell support on FB said my HD was going fast. Thanks for your input.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 21st, 2016 19:00

Hello. Download and install a fresh copy of your audio from the support page of your model.

If replying back, please include the full model name of the laptop and its operating system.

Also, keyboard froze! only on screen keyboard werx. SLOW!

Run the diagnostic tool on the support page for your model.

Run the ePSA or PSA diagnostic.

4 Posts

December 22nd, 2016 09:00

the diagnostic tool downloads but will not install. Running Vista on Dell Inspiron 1545. I ran on board BIOS diagnostics: ERROR CODE 2000-0151 "Incorrect status : 32. No additional sense information."

thanks

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 22nd, 2016 11:00

ERROR CODE 2000-0151

The error code is about dvd player.

Running Vista on Dell Inspiron 1545.

If you have the IDT audio driver installed, switch to the Windows native audio driver. If still no headphones, most probably hardware failure - either in the jack or the headphones. I don't know of any bug with the IDT driver that would cause your symptom.

1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).
2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "IDT High Definition Audio Codec".
3. Select to "Update Driver Software".
4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".
6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked [but SEE NOTE].
7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).
8. Click "Next".
9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver).
10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, sometimes you have to restart, sometimes not.
[To get back to the IDT driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]

No Events found!