Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2016 11:00

pop/crack noise on Inspiron 13 7368

I have a 1-month old DELL Inspiron 13 7368 with Windows 10. Every time the computer gives an audio signal or starts playing an audio or video file there is a loud click and then the sound starts without the first second. The click is like unplugging an audio cable from a PA system.

It seems to me that some software occasionally switches off the sound. This effect is very unpleasant when the computer is connected to a PA system as it startles the people around to death.

There is a posting with the same problem at tomshardware forum.

Please help me to solve the problem with this crack sound.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 26th, 2016 16:00

Hi,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and audio driver on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and audio driver from audio section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

20 Posts

September 27th, 2016 00:00

Dear Ravi,

A big thank you for your help. I did as you said - updated the BIOS and the Audio driver. The problem was not solved after the BIOS update but was solved after updating the audio driver with Realtek VR8Y0_WN32_6.0.1.7908_A03 driver.

Thanks a lot. You saved me days of walking in the service jungle.

Best regards.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 28th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

We are glad that issue is sorted out. If you have any other queries please reach out to us.

No Events found!