Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2017 11:00

wifi problem

my Inspiron 13-552 can not connect after i change my password, even the password is right. and it can not connect with in the router after a long period of time e.g. (when i forgot to connect it for 1 hr after changing my password). the only solution i can find is to restart or shut it down again. does any body knows how to fix without restarting or shutting it down? 

June 9th, 2017 15:00

Hi krade.999,

Can we go ahead and forget the network you are connected to.Go to device manager uninstall the wireless driver make sure your Ethernet connection is working fine restart the system go to support.dell.com type in the service tag of your system download and  update the BIOS from the file name says BIOS the system will restart once done download the wireless driver then run the file connect to your network and check if the issue still persists.

Do let us know if the issue is resolve or you need any sort of help.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 11th, 2017 14:00

:emotion-2:

Do you see wireless and Ethernet drivers in Device Manager ? You updated the BIOS as suggested? By the way, what exactly is your Dell model  number and version of windows. If you don't know, type msinfo32 onto search box, and then look for system model number.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please type Device Manager onto search box, stroll down to Network Adapter and then expand it. Look for any yellow question marks (or yellow triangles) listed by drivers.

Dell Inspiron 3048:

2 Posts

i cant find wireless driver

No Events found!