Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2016 11:00

xps 10 audio driver wanted

This isn't available on the dell support pages. I have no audio driver on my xps10. All the diagnostics and utilities and installers and driver assistants etc don't work on windows 8 rt since they're not ARM app store apps. I can't speak to dell support since they don't give contact information without a n 'STN' number (which doesn't work when I type it in), or a product identifier utility which, you guessed it, doesn't work on windows 8 RT.

Would really apprecaite an email address from Dell, or even better, a website that you can download drivers from!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 29th, 2016 15:00

Drivers for Windows RT are through Windows update -- under Settings, Change PC settings, run Windows update.

3 Posts

May 29th, 2016 19:00

I tried windows update - there are no drivers for the soundcard on there. I could screenshot it if that help? 

I just want the drivers for this device. A link to an FTP site or something would be fine. 

3 Posts

May 29th, 2016 19:00

Sorry, I thought I mentioend that in the post - I certainly did in the email I tried to send to dell employees that bounced to every address I could find!

These drivers can't be found on windows update or through 'update driver' in device manager. It seems they're not contained in the windows update driver database. Dell should be providing them through their download pages or support portal, surely? Rather than relying on microsoft to sort their customer aftercare out for them?

No Events found!