Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 20th, 2011 22:00

Cannot use touchpad and keyboard simultaneously.

The touchpad on my E6410 does not work whilst an alphabetic key , such as "W" is pressed and held.

To reproduce the problem, open notepad.exe, then press and hold down the "W" key (or any of your favorite letters), while the "W" key is pressed, try moving the mouse pointer with your touchpad.

I saw a similar post with a completely unhelpful response, advising that you should buy an external mouse as a "workaround".

It is true that an external mouse will move while the key is held down, It is also true that other laptops, including older dell models will allow you to hold down the key and move the mouse at the same time. This is a common function in many programs, such as photo editing software, and video games (WASD key movement).

I have tried to disabling all of the gestures, tap to click, and hiding/not hiding the pointer while typing.

Win7 32 bit. E6410.Alps Touchpad.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

3 Posts

April 20th, 2011 22:00

It appears I had not tried everything.

Disabling touch check is a workaround or a fix, depending on how you look at it.

I hope this helps someone else with the same issue.

April 21st, 2011 12:00

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. 

9 Posts

July 4th, 2012 16:00

I can't seem to find 'touch check'

1 Message

November 3rd, 2012 12:00

Depending on the generation of your drivers, it may be called PalCheck or TouchGuard — I found it the latter under the Sensitivity menu in my Touchpad system tray app.

1 Message

November 22nd, 2012 16:00

I've disabled palmcheck and I'm still having this problem. Is there anything else I can try?

No Events found!