Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

March 6th, 2001 02:00

Closing the lid discoonnects external monitor/TV?

When I close the lid on my I8K, the LCD screen is properly turns off, but so does the TV attached to SVGA output.
I used the computer to play DVD movie on a TV, and wanted to close the lid... It also seem to do the same for external monitor.
I'm running Win2K, and in power options I've selected "do nothing" when the lid is closed. I couldn't find anything in BIOS for this. Suggestions?

March 6th, 2001 13:00

yuriy:

Also check the settings you have for the Display properties in the Control Panel (Start | Settings | Control Panel) - which display is set to primary? Does Fn-F8 to cycle the display to the external monitor only change this?

3 Posts

December 4th, 2004 19:00

I'm experiencing this on my brand new Inspiron 600m. I have disabled all power management in the Power Control panel and I see nothing in the display properties to inform the machine that the s-video display should remain active when the lid is closed.

Anybody have and more ideas?

3 Posts

December 19th, 2004 23:00

Omega drivers rescued me. Thanks, Omega! I've used your drivers before, but this one got me to donate.

Dell, why must we download hacked ATI drivers to make our laptops function correctly?
No Events found!