Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2012 09:00

Dell Webcam Problem ):

Hello everybody my names Amanda and I currently have a DELL Inspiron N5110. Recently I've been trying to use my DELL webcam and or video recording setting and it will say I cant until I close the other application thats supposedly running off the webcam itself, makeing it unable to be used any other way. It gives me a 'retry' and 'cancel' button but pressing the retry button simply makes it popup again. My  other problem is that I can not find this supposed application. I have tried removing oovoo, disabeling and removing any uneeded apps and such that I may have thought would affect the webcam itself. I have unfortunatly gotten nowhere in my attempts to fix this problem. Please help me out guys and give me all the feedback you can! I'm an open book. Please and Thankyou for you.:emotion-2:

October 1st, 2012 11:00

Hi,

Please confirm if you have uninstalled oovoo software? If yes, I would suggest you to try opening the webcam application. If you are getting the same error message that says to “cancel any other application and retry”, I recommend you to uninstall the reinstall the Dell Webcam Central application.
Once you uninstall the webcam software ensure that you restart the system and reinstall the application.

Please follow the steps below to download the software:

1. Goto Dell’s Support Website:  http://dell.to/9Bx54
2. Click “My Account in the upper right corner and sign in with your Dell My Account in the popup box appears on the screen. 
3. Under the “My Software section on the right side of the page, click "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)"
4. Click the checkbox that agrees to the “Terms and Conditions of the My Dell Downloads website and click “Register System at the bottom of the page.
5. At the “My Download Locker” page, select your computer and download “Dell Webcam Central Software”.
6. In the “Title section, look for “Dell Webcam Central Software”.
7. Select the latest version number in the “Version column. Click the checkbox under the” Download column for this software, and at the bottom of the page click “Download now
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. 
9. Once the Dell Webcam Software is installed restart the computer.
10. Once restarted check if it’s working.

Please reply for further assistance.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

No Events found!