Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2014 00:00

Dell xps keyboard not working fine. the 2 keys, mute volume key and the right arrow keys are not working.

I have a dell xps 15, L502x laptop and I'm experiencing an issue with its performance. the two keys are not working at all. the mute volume key and the right arrow key. I tried restoring the computer to an earlier restore point but problem cant be fixed. everything else is just working fine. however using the on screen keyboard the right arrow key would work. Please help.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 23rd, 2014 01:00

Hi puneetbatra,

Good work on troubleshooting since the On screed keyboard is working it should be an hardware issue to confirm it please connect and external USB keyboard to the system to check if issue reoccurs.

July 23rd, 2014 02:00

Thankyou for the prompt reply.

I dont have any USB keyboard right now but I'm trying to find it from someone I know. Once I get it i'll update the info about it.

I think updating the driver wont help either since it looks like a hardware issue. can you please tell me how much would it cost to get the keyboard repaired or if a new keyboard has to be bought then how much would it cost to me. (from dell service center only)

Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 25th, 2014 06:00

Hi puneetbatra,

Keyboard on the Dell XPS L502X is Factory Replaceable Unit only a dell trained techncian can replace it. I would suggest you to contact our Dell out of warranty department for repairs at 1-800-288-4410 (US Only). Please reply back if you are located in a different region.

1 Message

July 25th, 2014 07:00

Hi,

I have the same problem with few keys. Can you please give contact details for India.

Thanks,

Urvashi Patel

1 Message

October 23rd, 2014 09:00

I have exactly same problem. Right arrow key and mute key are out of service. Sometimes It works but mostly dead. I think there is an issue in the hardware about them being weared out or so. Since this might be an issue about production it should be resolved by Dell in my opinion.  

No Events found!