Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2013 07:00

Inspiron 15R SE 7520 windows 8.1 Dell Quickset & Elan touchpad

After installing new win 8.1 driver for quickset i get an error message after starting it. Not defined, just says contact quickset developper.

Also after installing new win 8.1 driver for touchpad the functionlight which indicates if touchpad is on or off no longer functions.

Anybody got a good sulution to these problems?

13 Posts

January 24th, 2014 17:00

So is the problem solved already? I do have the same problem everytime I open the mobility center is shows that error I'm not sure how to fix it and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the quickset aplication for windows 8.1 it still has the same problem.

January 25th, 2014 14:00

Let's say it is solved, but with no solution from Dell or Microsoft.

It is a solution given by other users, practically you just have to downgrade the Bluetooth driver (follow the instructions here http://nw360.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/dell-quickset-error.html).

As long it is working with no other side-effects doesn't matter who is coming with the solution.

13 Posts

January 28th, 2014 10:00

You install touchpad driver from the original drivers and utilities DVD that come along with your laptop. It solves my problem with touchpad. Hope it does the same for you too.

For quickset don't install the bluetooth driver. The error won't be there. 

January 29th, 2014 05:00

Yes - the last update of Intels Bluetooth solved also my Dell XPS error :emotion-2: 

25 Posts

February 17th, 2014 22:00

Yes, after update the bluetooth driver, the Quickset issue is gone. But the touchpad indicator is still not working, and the wifi indicator is always on...

2 Posts

February 4th, 2016 16:00

Thanks for posting-I installed and error is gone.

No Events found!