Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2010 07:00

Inspiron 1720 - BIOS update - Dell Download Manager

Hi,

I wanted to install Windows 7 on the laptop however the install halted by telling me that the BIOS needed updating. Went to the Dell drivers page, found the BIOS update and requested use of the Dell Download Manager.

However whenever I click the blue download button I get a warning box asking if I want to give permission for the download. I say Yes and the download bar shows at the bottom of the screen. However once the download shows as finished eg bar disappears, there is no file (well not that I can see anyway).

Am I doing something wrong?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 13th, 2010 10:00

clear your browser's cookies, etc

and don't use the Download Manager

November 13th, 2010 11:00

Many thanks IEEE488. Jumped on another PC and gave Dells download manager a wide berth. Using IE it downloaded fine and is now installed.

Cheers

Tony

1 Message

September 28th, 2012 23:00

Hi,

I wanted to install Windows 7 on the laptop however the install halted by telling me that the BIOS needed updating. Went to the Dell drivers page, found the BIOS update and requested use of the Dell Download Manager.

However whenever I click the blue download button I get a warning box asking if I want to give permission for the download. I say Yes and the download bar shows at the bottom of the screen. However once the download shows as finished eg bar disappears, there is no file (well not that I can see anyway).

Am I doing something wrong?

677 Posts

October 8th, 2012 22:00

Hi Burleeg,

I suggest that you try downloading the 'BIOS' once again, right click on the file during the download and select 'Open Containing Folder'. This should show the location of the 'BIOS' download. You can also try downloading the file without Dell Download Manager'' and check if that works.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
Harish R
#iworkfordell

No Events found!