Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 26th, 2013 15:00

M14xR1 can't update wireless driver

I've tried installing the recommended 6.1.0.304,A03 driver update for my Bigfoot Networks Killer Wireless-N 1103 a/g/n 3x3 MIMO but each time it installs the previous driver().  The new driver installation removes the current driver and then reboots. I start the install again and it seems to install fine and then reboots but doesn't install the newer version.

I've tried running KillerCleaner_64bit after it removes the old drivers and reboots but that had no effect. I use Windows Media Sharing to watch videos on my Xbox 360 and I noticed a problem when i had to keep troubleshooting my internet connection(reset my wireless adapter) to get my 360 to connect to my computer. That's when I saw the newer driver available and I'm hoping that resolves that problem. 

I use Avast antivirus, Comodo firewall, and malwarebytes anti-malware on my computer and I tried disabling all 3 to install the new driver but that had no effect as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

2K Posts

June 26th, 2013 16:00

Hi alluciano,

It is unfortunate that you are unable to update wireless driver. Request you to uninstall killer driver from device manager option. Under network adapters, right click on killer device and uninstall it by clicking on the checkbox that appears to uninstall completely.

Then you may use the below link and update the drivers:

http://dell.to/11J5Yrd

Now check if it works. If it still doesn’t work, you may download the killer driver from the vendor website:

http://bit.ly/SqORpo

Do reply with your findings.

2 Posts

June 26th, 2013 17:00

Thank you. The drivers from the vendor website ended up working.

2K Posts

June 27th, 2013 11:00

Hi alluciano,

It is good to know that the issue is fixed. If you have any other questions or issues in future you can either send a message or start a new thread. I will close this case as resolved.

No Events found!