Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

March 15th, 2017 03:00

No Longer see Driver Data for my Service Tag

I can no longer see driver information for my XPS 15 9550 accessing by my service tag. I have to use a generic XPS 15 9550 page to get it. What is going on?

Also, this CAPTCHA confirmation is becoming a real pain. It can be impossible at times to determine what pictures apply to what they ask. I tried twice to get this posted after going through several image sets. Can there be a simpler way of doing this? It is getting out of hand.

JohnD

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 15th, 2017 07:00

Send me the service tag number via private message so I can try to replicate the issue. Unfortunately, CAPTCHA is the software we are using now. Hopefully in the future, this will change.

380 Posts

March 18th, 2017 05:00

PM sent.

JohnD

380 Posts

March 18th, 2017 22:00

I had the page for my system bookmarked. Apparently the link has now been changed:

to:    www.dell.com.support/home/us/en/19/.......

I also had the bookmark set at the "drivers" page for my Service Tag. Well that no longer works. I had to change the link to the base Service Tag page which defaults to diagnostics, then select "Drivers & Downloads".

If I choose accessing by product (xps-15-9550-laptop), it still uses the " www.dell.com.support/home/us/en/04/" link prefix and I am able to directly link to the drivers page.

Thanks,

JohnD

No Events found!