Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2017 14:00

Trusted Execution causes "ASF force off" errors

Hi all, this month I got a new Dell Precision 7510. One of the first things I did was entering the BIOS setup and customizing settings, including enabling Trusted Execution. Everything worked flawlessly. Today, for no apparent reason, when I powered on my laptop, it got stuck into a reboot loop: the Dell logo was showing up and then it rebooted a few seconds later. I tried accessing the Diagnostics (from the menu that you get by pressing F12), but trying to access Diagnostics also caused a reboot.

Luckily, the BIOS setup still worked, and in the Power Logs I found that the computer rebooted due to "ASF force off". I looked online, but none of the hints/solutions I found helped, so I tried to reset my BIOS settings, just to try, and I found out that my laptop could boot. I was able to run Diagnostics and no problems were detected.

Doing some investigation I found the culprit: Trusted Execution -- when that option is enabled, my laptop keeps rebooting due to "ASF force off".

Now, I can survive even without Trusted Execution, but I'd like to have it enabled. Also, it was working fine till this evening, so I suspect that there's something wrong going on in my laptop. Any hints about what could be the cause of my issue?

Thank you!

No Responses!
No Events found!