Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

June 25th, 2007 02:00

X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook

I'm Interested in buying this audio card for my XPS M1210, the card uses ExpressCard/54 slot

Anyone here own this card? if so could you please give us some comment&Feedback on the performance and sound quality? Thx!

June 27th, 2007 21:00

I cannot give any comments on it's performance, as I purchased it for a Dell Inspiron 5160 and was informed by a PC Tech that it is not compatable with the older model Dell laptops.  He stated that there might be some newer models that it would be ok.

831 Posts

June 28th, 2007 14:00

tccwang wrote:
I'm Interested in buying this audio card for my XPS M1210, the card uses ExpressCard/54 slot

Anyone here own this card? if so could you please give us some comment&Feedback on the performance and sound quality? Thx!

I am interested myself? I had a XPS Gen 2 with the creative soundblaster  PCMCIA notebook sound card I used with my 5.1 speakers for gaming and it was great!

I upgraded to the M 1710 and at the time their was no Express slot soundcard. So I got a D-Dock and stuck a Creative Labs X-tream music FI in the D-dock and I love it but I really don't need the D-Dock and if this sound card is decent I would like to buy it. I do know as I got a reply from creative labs if you want to use external speakers you need to purchase the Speaker Docking Modual separate if not the only option will be headphones. This is the part # for the Speaker  Docking Modual 70SB071000002 I am waiting for creative to e-Mail me back to find out where I can order one as I have found no retailor as of yet who has the Docking Modual for the sound card and one without the other is usless to me as I want my 5.1 speakers to work with it.

-----------------------------------------------------
XPS M1710, T2500
17 UltraSharp TrueLife WUXGA
2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm
512MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX
100GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Bluetooth & Intel Pro 3945ABG
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
D-Dock /Sound BlasterX-FI Xtream
Logitech Z 5300 5.1 Speakers
Logitech MX 1000 Cordless Laser Mouse
Nostromo n52 Game pad
----------------------------------------------------

17 Posts

July 6th, 2007 19:00

Jeff baby, how are you doing?  I need a favor please!  I tried to purchase the X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook directly from Creative and I don't get a link to actually buy it.

Do you have the Creative PArt. No.# and did you buy it directly from Creative or is it available any place else (which I hope and pray for) cheaper?

Also, if I read your post correctly, we'll need a "Speaker Docking Module" for use with ANY speakers or we'll be left with using only earphones.  I hope I understood you correctly.

Please advise,

Jim G.

July 6th, 2007 20:00

Hi Jim

Here is where I bought mine.  $75.99 and free shipping.  I am sure it will work ok with your system.
I have X-FI on both of my desktops and it is great.  If I upgrade my laptop,  i will order it again.

Buy.com is very good about returns.

Al

831 Posts

July 6th, 2007 21:00

contact creative labs call this # 800-998-1000 M-F 9-6pm CST and they will assist you with your order they will assist you as without the speaker docking modual you will not be able to use external speakers only headphones.

The part number for the speaker docking modual  is 70SB071000002   

This is a link to creative site if you scroll down you will see the speaker docking modual I am talking about as without it you can not use your 5.1 or 7.1 speakers.

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=209&subcategory=669&product=16642

I have not ordered mine yet I am still useing my D-Dock with a creative X-Tream music FI sound card.

Let me know how it works for you. Best Wishes  

XPS M1710, T2500
2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm
Nostromo n52 Game pad

17 Posts

July 14th, 2007 00:00

Thanks Chaplain Al and Jeffy!  But you'll never believe this, I found it on the Dell Accessories Web Site for $63 and change.  I also took a good look at my older Audigy 2 ZS Notebook to see if the Docking Modules were similar at all - then it hit me!

If you have digital speakers, which I do (the Logitech Z5500's) you can use a TosLink Cable to achieve the pure digital sound.  I got to tell ya, using the Z5500's and a digital connection is unbelievable.  I thought the Audigy 2 ZS was incredible, I can't even think of the right words to describe what this sounds like!

Jeff I don't know if you remember - you gave me the greatest advise in buying the D/Dock (which I did of course) but I never got around to buying the X-Fi for the D/Dock.  I had heard at some point Creative was developing an ExpressCard version of the X-Fi so I waited it out month after month.  So much time passed I forgot to check up on it and they had released them already.

I stumbled onto your suggestion and went searching for the X-Fi Notebook, bippo bappo, here I am.

The only gripe I have is since I'm using the Verizon V740 w/Rev. A Wireless Network I can't obviously use both at the same time!  I need to hunt down an internal wireless mobile card for use with Verizon so I can utilize both at the same time.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend guys and THANK YOU once again,

Jim G. 

4 Posts

July 18th, 2007 01:00

Hi there,

I am the owner of a X-Fi Notebook card...unfortunately I lost my drivers CD and now I cannot use my card anymore... Can somebody help me with the drivers for this card? I only need the drivers for Windows XP, that's all...not the whole CD... :)

Thank you in advance, folks,
my email address : ovidiu.ivascu@gmail.com
Bye

831 Posts

July 18th, 2007 03:00

smackioio wrote:
Hi there,

I am the owner of a X-Fi Notebook card...unfortunately I lost my drivers CD and now I cannot use my card anymore... Can somebody help me with the drivers for this card? I only need the drivers for Windows XP, that's all...not the whole CD... :)

Thank you in advance, folks,
my email address : ovidiu.ivascu@gmail.com
Bye

You should be able to go to creative's update page and the drivers should be their or just run the auto update with the card in your express slot it should detect it and give you the drivers you need

XPS M1710, T2500
2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm
Nostromo n52 Game pad

4 Posts

July 18th, 2007 10:00

sorry, there are no drivers on any website from Creative...that's why I am asking for your help...I need files from your CD...there s no support online ....at all. Try for yourself if you don't believe me...even autoupdate returns only apps instead of drivers and apps...

831 Posts

July 18th, 2007 13:00

smackioio wrote:
sorry, there are no drivers on any website from Creative...that's why I am asking for your help...I need files from your CD...there s no support online ....at all. Try for yourself if you don't believe me...even autoupdate returns only apps instead of drivers and apps...

Contact creative lab's tell them their is no Driver/software support for your sound card on their site they will send the drivers to you.

I am guessing they just did not add the express slot sound card as it is so new. Suprizing because creative is good about keeping up and posting drivers and software updates for their hardware.

Best wishes

By the way how well does the new express slot sound card work? Do you also have the dock to use 5.1 or 7.1 speakers. How does it perform in gaming? Can you give a mini review I am thinking of makeing the purchase to get rid of this huge docking station. I had the soundplaster PCMCIA sound card when I had my XPS Gen 2 and was very impressed with its performance.

XPS M1710, T2500
2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm
Nostromo n52 Game pad

4 Posts

July 18th, 2007 13:00

I already did...I contacted Creative Support...they've told me to contact the person who sold the product to me...but I bought it on Ebay and the seller does not have any other card....

17 Posts

July 18th, 2007 20:00

Jeff do you have any information about a internal wireless card (for Verizon w/Rev.A) I can't seem to get any kind of part number.  Have you also downloaded the new Dell Backgrounds for the new Dell XPS Line.  There's a total of three, Red, Black, and Pearl which can be found searching the Dell Support Site for Dell XPS Backgrounds (this is for all those who don't know where to search Jeff).

Last week I saw by using the Dell Configurator you could add this accessory to a new system (as an internal mini card with the Verizon Rev.A) now I can't seem to find it. Do you have any information on a part number and do you think it'll even be worth it?

As always, I appreciate your help and suggestions,

17 Posts

July 18th, 2007 21:00

I use my X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook with 5.1 Digital Speakers and it is by far the best sound I've ever heard!  I don't know how anybody would use a 7.1 speaker system because to me 5.1 is more than enough, but, that's just me.  I wonder how much I'm actually missing by NOT having a 7.1 speaker set-up.

On another note, it looks like my then suggestions of what a new XPS Notebook would be is turning out to be true.  A Dell XPS Notebook with BioMetrics and integrated webcam came true, to bad only a year or so to late.

Does a built-in webcam actually get that much use by people today?

Message Edited by JLG1985 on 07-18-2007 05:07 PM

831 Posts

July 19th, 2007 00:00

JLG1985 wrote:
Jeff do you have any information about a internal wireless card (for Verizon w/Rev.A) I can't seem to get any kind of part number.  Have you also downloaded the new Dell Backgrounds for the new Dell XPS Line.  There's a total of three, Red, Black, and Pearl which can be found searching the Dell Support Site for Dell XPS Backgrounds (this is for all those who don't know where to search Jeff).

Last week I saw by using the Dell Configurator you could add this accessory to a new system (as an internal mini card with the Verizon Rev.A) now I can't seem to find it. Do you have any information on a part number and do you think it'll even be worth it?

As always, I appreciate your help and suggestions,

I don't think it is a internal mini card to my understanding it is a Wireless card that goes in the express slot to give you a  internet conectiona little better then dial up but slower then DSL and will work like a cell phone signal if you have a signal you can connect anywhere but you also must have a contract too with Veroison oe whichever you choose......I think their are a few out now that work with express slot or PCMCIA.

As for the 3 wires all 3 are antenas none are ground or positive only 2 are used with the 3945 ABG pro wireless.

XPS M1710, T2500
2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm
Nostromo n52 Game pad