Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2017 12:00

XPS 15 9560 (i5-7300 HQ, 32 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD, GTX 1050) NVIDIA GPU not working

Hello guys,

I hope you can help me, I am really lost and tried literally everything.

I recently got my new XPS 15 9560 and I've had no issues at the beginning. Later I clean installed Windows 10 (1703 Creators Edition), which worked out fine. I installed all programs and drivers and it looked all good.

Later I realized that games would not use my GTX 1050 at all, instead they used the bad Intel Graphics 630 as GPU. Device manager shows a yellow triangle for the GTX 1050, and when clicking on properties it tells me infamous error code 43.

I was not able to fix this problem and it still persists. 

I reinstalled windows more than 10 times, and used various build versions.

I tried ALL Nvidia drivers, I was hoping the 378,49 driver would work but none worked and fixed the issue.

I uninstalled all nvidia programs, also with DDU, tried safe mode and unplugged the battery and hold power button till it uncharges etc.

I am really lost, I hope somebody got some creative problem fix for me.

Plelase don't suggest simple things like try x.xx driver or install in x order or such, I really tried almost everything. It might be a faulty GPU, but this just happened after i clean installed windows.

I tried installing on another new SSD, and such things, nothing helped.

Please help me out. :(

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 13th, 2017 14:00

Where are you looking to determine which GPU is being used?  you must do that through the video control panel - since this is a hybrid system, ALL video data is shipped through the Intel GPU on its way to the screen - -even if it has been processed through the nVidia GPU.

9 Posts

October 9th, 2017 23:00

I'm having the exact same issue. Did exactly the same things you've done. Nothing works. Have you figured it out yet?

No Events found!