Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2012 21:00

XPS 17 l702x LAPTOP REPLACEMENT

When DELL has agreed for a laptop replacement (XPS 17 L702x) now ... would I be getting the same laptop or a new one from the alienware series? If i would be getting the same, would it be a refurbished one or a new one? Since this series has been discontinued!

My Laptop is being replaced due  to a heating issue,display issue and usb port issue that hasn't been solved

will i get a refund or a new system or a refurbished one?

the specs haven't been confirmed yet ... nor has my old system been picked up ... so i'm waiting!

make a note that i live in India

3.8K Posts

June 3rd, 2012 01:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. If its a system exchange then it will be the same system. In most cases it will be a refurbished system. If the same system/or parts are not available, then the Dell India team will call you back with options.

Thank you

3.8K Posts

June 3rd, 2012 02:00

Hi,

Send me a Private Message, click on my user name, add me as a friend, and send me your service tag, phone number and address.

Thank you

June 3rd, 2012 02:00

i have been waiting for a call back for last one month and if i call tech support they direct me to a laptop replacement team and they again transfer me to tech support again i didnt get any info regarding my issue...... :-(

June 12th, 2012 04:00

DELL is very worst in the costumer satisfaction...... as a replacement to my old laptop dell is offering me XPS 15Z which is not even half of my config of the old laptop..... i spent hours and days with this and they are cheating the costumer with a lower model..... dell has already paid a fine for unfair compensation and still it is continuing the same...... FROM MY EXPERIENCE I WILL NEVER EVER SUGGEST ANYONE TO BUY DELL........ and i didnt accept the offer of xps15z

1 Message

June 28th, 2012 16:00

Dell has also agreed to rplace my XPS L702x for and overheating issue as well.  I was wondering the same about which model we will receive since this model was discontinued.  sounds like they have been keeping you waiting just in casse another system comes in.  Hopefully that is not the case.  Best of luck for a quick resolution

3 Posts

July 12th, 2012 02:00

i have the same problem, dell took my xps 15z for replacement and now they r telling the production has stopped and they r offering me 14z. can u help me out

July 12th, 2012 03:00

if you are interested ask them for an inspiron 17r spl edition or a inspiron 15r spl edition....... even i got a inspiron 15r spl as a replacement but that laptop is also faulty so they hav picked up my system to check..... i hav wasted 3 months with dell..... hope u ll get a good replacement...... talk with the dell escalation team coz they are the one who solved my issue

3 Posts

The  best solution is "not to buy dell products anymore"

hey !! plz dont accept that offer.....

3 Posts

yeah but what to do???

October 13th, 2012 08:00

So did you get the replacement ? How many days did it take ? my l702x 3d is also being replaced so which model will I get? thanks

October 13th, 2012 09:00

ya i got the replacement but it took me 8 months to get the final laptop.... they replaced with inspiron 15R special edition ... tat was an unfair replacement but still i accepted it since ter was no other way but that inspiron 15R was also faulty having the same problems and now i replaced them with inspiron 17R special edition that was a fair replacement and i gt this laptop b4 few days.... and it is wrkng fine till nw..... really dell's quality of manufacturing is bad...... in this inspiron my LAN port was not working so the technician replaced the part few hours ago....

October 13th, 2012 10:00

But are the replaced ones new or refurbished ? And I have a 3d laptop so will I be getting a 3d one or normal one ?

Thanks and good luck with the new system:)

October 13th, 2012 12:00

Please send me the specs of your inspiron 17r se so I'l know what dell will be offering me.

No Events found!