Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 22nd, 2010 16:00

XPS1647 & X-FI sound card

Hey Guys!

I just received my xps1647... and i must say that i'm very impressed so far!
Unfortunately, I can't get my soundblaster x-fi notebook (pcie card) to work with it!
When booting, the computer beeps and I can see "Resource Conflict - PCI in slot 0A Bus:05, Device:00, Function:00.

I guess that it is because another device (I think the ATI integrated audio has the same irq?). Thus I would like to desactivate it, but because of the simplistic bios i can't!

Would anyone of you guys have a suggestion?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 22nd, 2010 20:00

The internal audio and the external audio cannot be simultaneously enabled so there should be no IRQ conflict because of that happening.When you select one as the default audio then the other is disabled until it is selected. The internal audio is IDT so if you see ATI audio that must be the HDMI audio which is part of the video instead of the regular integrated audio.

Make sure the card is seated well and the blank has been removed from the slot. Make sure the Creative driver is installed (with the card in the slot). Depending on OS one might have to go to the Creative site to get a driver. I don't know what driver Dell is supplying for 7.

Someone posted that the first time the card is used it must be in the slot when booting up. I don't know if that is true.

No Events found!