Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2012 09:00

i need Help please...half black screen & color problems...

need Help please...

i have Dell Inspiron Laptop (1464) & the Video card is ATI HD I have problem with display (half black screen & color problems) i Attach the Pictures>>>

anyone know whats wrong tell me please

Thanks.

-----------------------------

-----------------------------

-------------------------

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 15th, 2012 23:00

Hi matrix007,

Welcome to the Community,

Try running the LCD BIST(Built in self test). To run the LCD BIST (Built in Self-test) Press and hold the D key on the keyboard while pressing the power button, then release both at the same time.This will initiate A grey screen, then Red, then Blue, then Green then White.

If the issue persists when those color screens are displayed,than it may be an issue with the system LCD screen.

Further try connecting an external monitor and confirm if the display is fine.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank You

5 Posts

October 16th, 2012 02:00

Thank You very very much Mr.Roshan Everything Okay :)

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 16th, 2012 02:00

You're Welcome

4 Posts

November 27th, 2012 18:00

Hi I have sort of the same problem. Yesterday my laptop was working fine and then all of a sudden the screen changed and I can't do anything on it anymore. The screen looks like 1/3 of it is horizontally grey and the bottom rest of it is black with the dell symbol at the bottom, any idea what is wrong?:p my laptop is dell inspiron N5110

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

November 28th, 2012 01:00

Hi  1nonly,

To check if its an issue with the LCD screen  run the LCD BIST(Built in self test). To run the LCD BIST (Built in Self-test) press and hold the D key on the keyboard while pressing the power button, then release both at the same time.This will initiate A grey screen, then Red, then Blue, then Green then White.

If the issue persists when those color screens are displayed,then it may be an issue with the system LCD screen.

Also try connecting an external monitor and confirm if the display is fine on external monitor.

Thank You

4 Posts

November 29th, 2012 00:00

Hi I did that and there was no response. I don't know if this helps but I remember that it's been randomly lowering brightness by itself also for a couple months before it broke. What is an external monitor?

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

November 29th, 2012 01:00

Hi 1nonly,

LCD BIST test would help to find out if its an issue with the LCD screen.Try it again and make sure you press and hold the D key on the keyboard while pressing the power button, then release both at the same time.

External monitor would be monitor from your desktop system or TV if it has an option to connect (VGA,HDMI port) your system.

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 14:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                

No Events found!