Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

April 16th, 2008 19:00

no audio latitude D510

I'm trying to solve the issue of no sound on my laptop here. It's a Latitude D510. All was fine but have just recently had to get a new main board installed. Sinced I got it back there has been no sound. Any ideas? Is it a simple case of downloading a driver and if so, which one? 

4.4K Posts

April 16th, 2008 20:00

Presuming you're running XP, download and then install the chipset driver on the D510

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Download and install the audio driver:

4 Posts

April 17th, 2008 14:00

In fact I have just seen that I can get sound through the headphones..so obviously this is a speaker issue. Any ideas??

4 Posts

April 17th, 2008 14:00

Have done what you suggested but unfort I still have no sound whatsoever...Have tried everything I could think of...

4.4K Posts

April 17th, 2008 19:00

If headphones work OK and Device Manager indicates no issue in the sounds section then it appears your speakers are muted.  Double check all settings and be sure headphones are out when trying again.

4 Posts

April 19th, 2008 09:00

No joy there either..all the speakers are on

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

April 19th, 2008 09:00

Zanyakav and europa303,

Because there was recent work performed on the computer and the audio does work through the output jack, I wonder if the  connection to the speakers is loose. I am not familiar with the innards of the D510, but generally if you remove the keyboard you should be able to see the cable to the palm rest. On models where the speakers are in the palm rest, the cable must be fully seated for the speakers to work. There might be other places where a connection could be loose; I'm not a technician, just speculating.

Jim 

No Events found!